We paired our polka-dotted creation with some striped leggings in aqua for the quick photo shoot….but I think we need some bigger stripes on the bottom so some new leggings might be in order too. I need to go and see what wide-striped-fabric I have in the stash pile 😉
The bodice pattern I used was the one I drafted from THIS dress (which is about a 6/7 in girls tops) but any great fitting bodice pattern would work just fine. In the tunic pattern I used bias tape to finish the neck and sleeves, but I decided to keep this one just simple. So, the bodice is lined to finish the neck and then I hemmed up the bottoms of the sleeves.
I am kind of in bubble-skirt heaven right now…I forgot how darling they are on and how fun they are to make….and I am already working on another bubble skirt project (with a bit of a different twist).
Stay tuned for that one next week…….
P.S. Go check out all the Sew Alongers HERE! There are some super creative polka dotted and striped outfits already in this week!
P.P.S. I think the sickies have left and that everyone is starting to be better (crossing my fingers as I write that) and only one child is left on antibiotics—-hip, hip, hooray!!!!