Pillowcases are one of the easiest things to sew and one that kids love to learn how to make! This summer we did some sewing lessons at our house and we made new pillowcases for everyone’s beds plus a few more that we could give to the Million Pillowcase Challenge for a great cause.
A lot of the boys’ pillowcases were Nintendo fabrics—but we think that lots of kids will be able to relate and love them. Here is one that Aaron made all by himself with no help (he had 7th grade sewing last year and loved it). Just please excuse the messy sewing room and the phone camera shot 😉
And then Hannie and I made some with embellishments for some others. For these we used the “roll up video” below.
Below are the links to 10 Simple Pillowcase Tutorials that you can use in your own sewing room to make some pillowcases for Teach the One 2 Sew. (And don’t forget to sign up for the linky party so you will be entered for the sewing prizes!)
- 5 Minute Pillow Case Tutorial
- Easy Tube Pillowcase Tutorial (video)
- French Seam Pillowcase Tutorial
- Reversible Pillowcase Tutorial
- Pretty Pillowcase Tutorial
- Hexies Pillowcase Tutorial
- Pretty Easy Pillowcase Tutorial
- 3 Pillowcase Tutorials
- Envelope Pillowcase Tutorial
- 15 Minute Pillowcase Tutorial with French Seams
Happy Sewing this month!