It is time for July’s Quilt block of the month! And this month we are focusing on Sarah’s Choice Quilt Block that is one of my very favorite quilt blocks of all time. I think it is such a versatile block and it great for many different color combinations!
*Cut 4 white squares measuring 4.5″ by 4.5″
*Cut 4 mustard squares measuring 5″ by 5″
*Cut 4 white squares measuring 5″ by 5″
*Cut 4 pink squares measuring 5″ by 5″
- Make 12 Half-Square Triangle blocks with the following colors. If you need a refresher on how to make a half-square triangle blocks go HERE for the video tutorial.
- Make 4 HST blocks with 2 of the pink and 2 of the white 5″ by 5″ squares.
- Make 4 HST blocks with 2 of the mustard and 2 of the white 5″ by 5″ squares.
- Make 4 HST blocks with 2 of the mustard and 2 of the pink 5″ by 5″ squares.
2. Trim all of your HST blocks down to 4.5″ by 4.5″ to match the white squares.
3. Lay out all 16 blocks according to the following diagram.
4. Next stitch the first row using the directions in this tutorial. Repeat with each row alternating with nesting your seams so the block lays smoother.
5. Press all rows and then stitch into the full Sarah’s Choice Quilt Block.
And you are done!