I know we are really late because of our fabric tour, but we are finally getting up the November Quilt Block of the Month! This month we are focusing on another simple half-square triangle block but it is one of my favorites that is in the quilt–Double Arrows Quilt Block!
Here is the picture of the full block…and here’s how you make it.
Double Arrows Quilt Block
*Cut 4 mustard squares 5″ by 5″
*Cut 4 coral squares 5″ by 5″
*Cut 8 white square 5″ by 5″
- Taking each of the white and mustard squares, place them right sides together and make 8 HST blocks that measure 4.5″ by 4.5″ inches. If you need help making a half-square triangle block head HERE.
- Taking each of the white and coral squares, place them right sides together and make 8 HST blocks that measure 4.5″ by 4.5″ inches.
- After you have made all of your HST blocks lay them out according to the following diagram:
- Stitch the block together beginning with row #1 and place blocks #1 and #2 right sides together and stitch using a 1/4″ seam allowance. Repeat for blocks #3 and #4 and then stitch the two groups together. Press seams.
- Repeat step #4 for all the rows. Press seams.
- Now it’s time to stitch each of the rows together, pressing seams along the way.
- Trim the block to 16″ square if needed.
- You are done!