Today we are sharing 20 Skirt Patterns for Teens.
Often when we think of making skirts for girls in foster care we think of young girls…and there are plenty of those…but it’s not just the young girls that could use something made especially for them…there are thousands of teenage girls in the foster care system and they want to feel loved just as much as their younger counter parts do….sometimes more.
In fact, Skirting the Issue was born in part due to teenage girls in the foster care system. For for years I was the art teacher at a lock down school for teens…many of which were in the foster care system. I remember well packing those girls goodbye kits and writing letters…wondering what I could give them that would help them to feel loved when they reached their new foster home after leaving the treatment facility. I remember long conversations with lost girls who needed support calling on the hotline. And I remember many days crying on the drive home with a broken heart for the girls coming and going from my classroom.
I know full well that skirts won’t change the world. (Trust me…I know.) I also know that skirts won’t “fix” society or the system or a tough situation. But they can lift a spirit…they can offer hope…and they can help someone feel beautiful if only for a short time. And because I can’t “fix” everything I will do what I can…and that is make skirts….so today, as I said earlier we have links to 20 skirt patterns that would work for teens and would ask that if you are thinking of making skirts to add to Skirting the Issue that maybe you will consider making a few of them for teenagers.
- Paperbag Skirt Tutorial by Simple Simon and Company
- Floral Midi Skirt by Elizabeth Ave
- Knit Pencil Skirt Midi Length by Simple Simon and Company
- Easy Full Skirt by It’s Always Autumn
- A-line Full Skirt by Merrick’s Art
- Maxi Skirt Pattern by Simple Simon and Company
- Icecream Social Skirt by ICandy Handmade
- High-low Skirt by Pretty Prudent
- Explorer Skirt by Hey There Threads
- Side Split Skirty by ICandy Handmade
- Easy Pleated Skirt by Simple Simon and Company
- Wander Skirt by Gentle Clothing
- The Front Tie Skirt by Sew Like My Mom
- The Starboard Skirt by Simple Simon and Company
- Ruffled Skirt by Make It Love It
- Winter Wonderland Skirt by Grosgrain Fabulous
- Bubble Hem Skirt by Simple Simon and Company
- Quick Party Skirt by Burday Style
- Perfect Pencil Skirt by Simple Simon and Company
- Easy Gathered Skirt by Simple Simon and Company