It’s the first Monday in August so it’s another edition of our Quilt Block of the Month tutorials. And this month it is the “On the Diagonal” block…..which is a simple one because it is all squares!
On The Diagonal Quilt Block
8- 4.5 by 4.5 inch white squares
3- 4.5 by 4.5 inch mint squares
2- 4.5 by 4.5 inch mustard squares
3- 4.5 by 4.5 inch red squares
- Lay out each of the squares in the following diagram:
2. Next take the first two blocks from row 1 and lay them right sides together. Using a 1/4″ seam allowance
3. Next add quilt blocks #3 and #4 to the first row just like you did the first two blocks. Then join all the blocks together in the first row.
4. Press all the seams for row 1 toward one side to be able to NEST your seams together. If you need a tutorial on nesting seams, HERE is a good one.
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the next three rows. Then stitch the rows together to create the entire block. And you are done!