This post is PART III of a series of posts…mostly for me….but hopefully you can benefit from some of them too. Today we are focusing on 30 Minute Homemaking Tasks.
My plan is to hang up lists of 5, 15, 30 and 60 minute homemaking tasks that I know I can do in that amount of time. So, when I have a few extra minutes throughout the day I can choose one or two and accomplish more during the day. A couple of weeks ago I shared PART I which was the 5 minute tasks that you can find HERE and PART II HERE and today I am sharing the list of tasks I can accomplish in 30 minutes or less around the house.
15 Homemaking Tasks that you can accomplish in 30 minutes or less.
- Clean and wipe out the shelves of the pantry. Throw away any old foods that you might find hiding in the back 😉
- Vaccuum the basement floors and bedroom.
- Deep clean one bathroom in your house. Remember the baseboards and grout!
- Clean off your front porch. Dust and clean the lights, sweep off the porch, wipe down the front door and clean any front windows on the porch area.
- Clean out your medicine cabinet. Discard appropriately any old medicines.
- Wipe down all the kitchen cabinets, inside and out.
- Clean out one closet (not your own) in your home. Donate any items that are not being used.
- Spray down the screens on the outside of your home.
- Dust all of the bookshelves and knick knacks on the shelves.
- Change all the sheets on all the beds on your home. I love going to bed with fresh, clean sheets!
- Organize “kid paperwork” clutter. Save any papers that are important and recycle any other papers. Organize them into file folders or another preferred method of filing papers.
- Pay bills.
- Dust all the ceiling fans in your home.
- Scrub out all the garbage cans and disinfect them. I love to use water and vinegar to get the smells out.
- Scrub and disinfect all the switch-plates and light-switches in your home.