My plan is to hang up lists of 5, 15, 30 and 60 minute homemaking tasks that I know I can do in that amount of time. So, when I have a few extra minutes throughout the day I can choose one or two and accomplish more during the day. A couple of weeks ago I shared PART I which was the 5 minute tasks that you can find HERE , PART II HERE , PART III HERE and today I am sharing the list of tasks I can accomplish in 60 minutes or less around the house.
15 Homemaking Tasks that you can accomplish in 60 minutes or less!
- Rent a carpet shampooer and clean the carpets on one floor of your home.
- Clean all the light fixtures and fans in your home.
- Clean out the fridge. Discard any old food and using soapy water wipe down all the shelves and drawers in the fridge. Add a new box of baking soda to keep it smelling fresh.
- Mow the lawn.
- Clean out the storage room. Donate any unused items and sweep out. Dust the shelves.
- Tackle cleaning out your closet. Donate any old clothes and dust and vacuum out the whole closet.
- Organize the photos on your computer. Print any good ones and discard any to save storage space.
- Set the oven to self-clean and then wipe it out later. Remember to remove any racks first! (Ask me how I know about this—I turned my racks and weird color because I once left them in.)
- Weed all the flower beds in the yard.
- Defrost and clean out the freezer. Wipe down all the shelves and drawers to get it clean and fresh.
- Dust or wash the curtains in two or three rooms of your house. After washing them (or dry cleaning!) press them well and hang them back up.
- Re-seal the grout in the bathrooms.
- Fertilize the lawn for the season you are in.
- Tackle a clogged drain.
- Go grocery shopping for pantry staples. Make sure your staple pantry items are up to date. Check to make sure you have enough flour, sugar, and other staples that you use every week.
Any others you can think of to add to the list?