Today we are showing you an easy process of how to print your own fabric!
One question I get asked quite often is if I have ever printed on fabric and how it works. So, I thought I would write up a simple tutorial today to show exactly how I print on fabric and then make it into a quilting project. The process itself is simple and it’s fun to be able to design what you would like and then be able to print it out and sew with it!
I am doing the process on a simple quilted pillow today but you can take the same technique and do it with photos or anything else you can think of, it works out really great.
How to Print Your Own Fabric Tutorial
- Fabric to print on (I like THIS BRAND) Affiliate link.
- Ink jet printer
- Scraps of quilting cotton for pillow front and pillow backing.
- Create your image to print on your fabric with editing software. (I am including the “hello autumn” image below if you would like to use it!
- According to your printer add the fabric paper. (I have to add mine upside down but that will depend on your specific printer–you can test this first).
- Print your image.
- Let the fabric dry for a few minutes.
- Peel off the paper backing.
- Iron with a pressing cloth to set the ink.
- Cut your image to a square and then sew scraps around to sew up the pillow!
- Add the pillow backing (Follow THESE INSTRUCTIONS HERE.)
And you are done! Wouldn’t these make a great hostess gift for Thanksgiving or even use them as a jumping off point for some of your handmade Christmas gift ideas.
Here is the pdf for the “Hello Autumn” image that I created to put on my pillow. Just right click the image and then click print and you are ready to go!