Materials: (These materials will make all four nesting fabric trays).
- (2) 10″ x 10″ squares of quilting cotton
- (1) 10″ x 10″ piece of fusible fleece
- (2) 8″ x 8″ squares of quilting cotton
- (10) 8″ x 8″ piece of fusible fleece
- (4) 5″ x 5″ squares of quilting cotton
- (2) 5″ x 5″ pieces of fusible fleece
- Take one 10″ square of quilting cotton and press fusible fleece to wrong side.
- Then take the second 10″ square of quilting cotton and place RST on top of the other square of quilting cotton with fleece.
- Stitch around all four sides using 1/4″ seam allowance, leaving a 1.5″ opening to turn your square.
- Clip corners and turn your square right side out. Press and top stitch to close opening.
- Measure in 1.5″ and stitch to form corner. Repeat for all four sides.
*You will repeat steps #1-#5 for the 8″ inch pieces as well as the 5″ pieces. On step 5 the 8″ tray you will measure in 1″ for corners and on the 5″ tray you will measure in 3/4.”
And you are done! You can use the cute fabric nesting tray tutorial to make some up and then store all your favorite sewing tools and notions to keep your sewing room organized.
Happy sewing up these fabric nesting trays!