One of my favorite things to eat when we have been in Mexico is elote…or street corn. It is so delicious and fresh and there is nothing better!. I have been craving it so much this summer. And since we aren’t going to Mexico (how I wish we were), I decided to bring Mexican street corn to our home this summer to remind us of some amazing memories we have had in Mexico.
And while it is not truly authentic street elote, this salad has all the yummy flavors that remind me of street corn and my family loves it with grilled meats!
Here is the recipe I use:
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 5 Cups of fresh or frozen corn
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 finely diced jalapeno *can omit if you don’t like the salad spicy*
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup mayo *I like the olive oil mayo, but any kind will do*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cotija cheese
- Grill or roast corn until it is slightly brown
- Add corn, diced jalapeno, cilantro, green onions and cotija cheese to a large bowl.
- Make the dressing by adding mayo, garlic, lime juice, paprika and chili powder and mix well.
- Add to corn salad and mix throughly. Can add more paprika to the top to garnish.
- Refrigerate and serve very cold with grilled meats or even chips and salsa!