I have been wanting a little hand stitching project to do this year. One that I can throw in my purse (or Mary Poppins bag is more like it) that I can work on a little at a time while I am waiting at different places.
And as you all well know….I love vintage patterns! (Shocker, huh?) So, recently while going through my vintage pattern bookshelf (yes, it is a whole bookshelf–embarrassing) I was wondering why I am not using the darling artwork on the front for patterns.
I am wanting some cute vintage winter artwork to put up in my house and I thought that this was the perfect pattern to use. See those kids at the bottom, they are my first two embroidery projects.
Please know that I am only making these for myself. I know that these images are not mine…and would never copy someone’s elses artwork as my own….(am I infringing on a copyright here? Now I am second-guessing myself. If I own the pattern, I am okay to use it for personal use, right?)
Ok, what I am saying is….please don’t steal anyone else’s images unless you own the pattern….or else we’ll all get in trouble here!
Anyway, I taced the image off the pattern and then blew it up to 200 percent.
I then taped it to the window and put my fabric over the top. I am using a tea-dyed muslin that I bought for the vintage effect. I also serged the edges because I don’t want it fraying everywhere. (It’s hard to see here, but you can faintly see the image behind the fabric, it will be much easier to see when you are doing it.)
I used my disappearing marker to trace on the image….see I told you you needed one!
I also copied the original image and folded it and put it into my supplies bag, so I could somewhat follow the darling color scheme.
I put my all my supplies in a small bag and I am ready to go somewhere and wait…and I will probably be a lot happier about it!