This quilt was one that I finished up before we moved, but I never did get a picture of or post about. Well, I finally found the box with this beauty inside and took it right outside to get a picture of it (this is my backyard view for right now…..which I love, I will be a bit sad when it is another subdivision in a couple of years).
This quilt has a home in a little boy’s bedroom that is green, lots of blue and white stripes with a bit of orange. I need to get his curtains hung up and I am still brainstorming some fun artwork for his walls to bring in all those colors, so it might be awhile before I finally get the room the way I want it.
But at least the quilt has found it’s new home. The quilt itself is all Kona solids, white for the background, navy for most of the arrows and sprout (or was it chartreuse…sorry I can’t remember) for the green color. The backing is the green solid and I bound it in the same color.
The arrows themselves are half-square triangles that are 10.5 inch blocks so the middle arrow section is 20 inches finished. I then added two white sections on either side and it is a perfect end-of-bed-quilt size. Melissa did the beautiful free hand quilting and it is gorgeous.
In other news, I am down to about 5 boxes total and then I am done unpacking!!!! WAHOOO!!!! It doesn’t mean everything has found it’s permanent home, but hopefully that will happen soon too.