This accordion roasted potatoes recipe is one of those side dishes that my kids actually look forward to when I tell them that it’s on the menu for dinner. They are super simple to make and you can even get everything ready and then they can be roasting while you are grilling some meat, which is my perfect dinner. I promise you are going to want to put these on your menu soon and they are perfect for a party or crowd.
Accordion Roasted Potatoes Recipe
8-10 Yukon gold potatoes (or your favorite kind of potato)
1/2 stick of butter
3-4 T. olive oil
kosher salt & pepper to taste
fresh herbs (or dried herbs)–we like rosemary or thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash each of the potatoes and slice thinly leaving a 1/4″ base at the bottom to hold the potato up. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Melt butter and combine with olive oil and pour over all the potatoes evenly.
- Add garlic powder, kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Place fresh herbs on top and bake at 425 degrees for 30-4o minutes until potatoes are soft in the middle and golden brown on top.
- Serve hot.
Add grated cheddar cheese and bacon and serve with sour cream and green onions. (We love these with steak!)
Add grated parmesan cheese to the butter/olive oil mixture and follow the recipe above. Believe it or not my kids like the plain ones better but I think the parmesan ones are delicious.
Basically anything that you love on a baked potato are delicious on these!