One of my very favorite soups at Zupas is their cheesy cauliflower soup and I have been trying for several weeks to make one at home that tastes just as good. And I think I have found one!
I don’t claim it is a knock off recipe–mostly because I am not that good–but I love this soup and so does my family. And it can be made in 30 minutes so you can get dinner on the table fast! I paired it with homemade bread and I know it’s going into the rotation for winter. It is so good!
This soup is made similarly to how I make a cheese potato soup, but I just swapped out the potatoes for cauliflower and it is delicious.
You can find the whole recipe below.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- green onions
- bacon bits
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop cauliflower into small florets and then add to a stockpot with chicken broth and salt and pepper. Cook until tender. Then puree the cauliflower and chicken broth. Add back into stockpot.
2. In another saucepan, add butter and cook onion until translucent. Then add flour and cook for 1-2 mins. Add milk to roux mixture and heat until thick.
3. Add the white sauce into the pureed cauliflower mixture and heat up until smooth.
4. Add 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
5. Top soup with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon (or even some sour cream!)
Do you have any other soups that you absolutely love? I would love a link to the recipe if you have it!