1. Lay your knit fabric out on the fold (the right side is the fold), matching stripes. I really like to pin my selvedges to get the stripes perfectly set.
2. Measure the length you want your skirt minus 4 inches (for the waistband).
3. Take your hip measurement and divide by 4….this will be your top mark for your skirt. I didn’t leave any seam allowances because it is stretch knit.
4. Put the tape measure on your top (hip) mark and make an A-line to your length measurement (totally eyeball it—if you want a wider skirt at the bottom, make it a bigger A-line).
5. Cut out your skirt front. Using your skirt front as a guide, cut out an identical skirt back.
6. Serge or sew up side seams.