One thing that we love to make on a Saturday or a Sunday morning for brunch is crepes. But they are also good for desserts or even savory meals.
This is the basic recipe I use but I will share some helpful tips and tricks that I have learned for making them work every single time.
Simple Crepe Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
(For savory crepes you can omit the sugar and add 1/2 teaspoon of salt.)
Mix everything into a large mixing bowl and mix until batter is thin and smooth. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into buttered pan and swirl around until crepe is thin. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side (some people like to only cook one side which is more authentic.)
Serve with strawberries, chocolate, bananas, apple pie filling or anything else you can think of!
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Crepes–Simple Crepe Recipe
- Don’t use spray oil in your pan. It can burn quickly and leaves a brown ring on your crepes. Use melted butter instead.
- Cook over a medium heat.
- Keep your batter thin. I know it will look too thin…but that is the way it is supposed to look.
- Use a rubber spatula for turning and removing from the pan. (Affliate link). I LOVE this one and the whisk that comes with it. They are both high quality and work great.
- Use a quality non-stick pan. I got these new pans for Christmas and I LOVE them (like REALLY LOVE THEM). You can find them HERE (affiliate link) but they really are fantastic.
Happy Crepe Making!