September is back to school month.
But because I am even worse than the kids I dread school starting all summer long. Anddddd…..right about now I could use some holidays and reasons to celebrate….so, let’s get to the list of September “Holidays”…
The September Holiday Calendar of Events:
1. Labor Day
3. Skyscraper Day
4. Newspaper Carrier Day, Eat an Extra Dessert Day
5. Cheese Pizza Day, Be Late for Something Day, International Day of Charity
6. Read A Book Day
7. Grandparents Day, Google’s Birthday, National ADD Awareness Day
8. International Literacy Day, World Physical Therapy Day
9. Teddy Bear Day
10. Sewing Machine Day, Swap Ideas Day, TV Dinner Day
11. Patriot Day, 911 Remembrance
12. National Video Games Day, Chocolate Milk Shake Day, Banana Day, Stand Up to Cancer Day
13. National Peanut Day, Uncle Sam Day, Defy Superstition Day, Positive Thinking Day, Fortune Cookie Day, International Chocolate Day, National Iguana Awareness Day
14. National Pet Memorial Day, National Cream Filled Donut Day
15. Make a Hat Day, 8 Track Tape Day, International Dot Day
16. Mayflower Day, Step Family Day, Collect Rocks Day, Mexican Independence Day, National Play Doh Day, National Guacamole Day
17. Constitution Day, International Country Music Day
18. National Cheeseburger Day, Rice Krispie Treats Day
19. National POW/MIA Recognition Day, International Talk Like A Pirate Day, National Butterscotch Pudding Day
20. International Eat an Apple Day, National Gymnastic Day, International Coastal Clean Up Day
21. International Day of Peace, Miniature Golf Day, World Gratitude Day, Nickelodeon’s Worldwide Day of Play
22. Elephant Appreciation Day, Car Free Day, Dear Diary Day, Family Day, Ice Cream Cone Day
23. National Voter Registration Day
24. Rosh Hashanah, National Cherries Jubilee Day, National Punctuation Day
25. National Comic Book Day, National One Hit Wonder Day, World Pharmacists Day
26. Johnny Appleseed Day, Love Note Day, Shamu the Whale Day, Save the Koala Day
27. International Lace Day, International Rabbit Day, Family Health and Fitness Day, National Hunting and Fishing Day, National Museum Day, National Public Lands Day
28. National Good Neighbor Day
29. Confucius Day, International Coffee Day
30. International Translation Day
First of all, yes, I think it’s ironic that I am posting the list of celebrations on the only day in the month where I haven’t listed a holiday.
And secondly, September really does have a great mix of solemn occasions and wacky dates to observe.
But today, because I need a pick me up let’s talk about the weird…
The 10th: I think we should be able to just sew all day and then eat TV dinners. (Which really would work out well….not making dinner would give me more time to sew )
The 15th: I think I’m only going to listen to music that would have originally been distributed on 8 tracks.
The 18th: No explanation needed. Dinner is served.
The 22nd: I’m going to take my family to get ice cream….real ice cream…good ice cream… the stuff that has to be muscled out of the container and not squirted out of a machine.
The 24th: !!!! All Day!!! Every post!!!!!!! (There’s going to be a whole lot of yelling going on.) !!!!!!!!!!!
The 25th: I want to make a whole danged soundtrack for this day that includes forgotten gems like: Whoomp! There it is!, Tainted Love, I’m Gonna Be (500 miles), Don’t Worry Be Happy, Gangsta’s Paradise, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Funkytown, Pass the Dutchie, Come On Eileen, Iko Iko, and Pump Up the Jam
And now I can’t think of anything else except for one hit wonders….She’s Like the Wind….I Wanna Be A Cowboy….so….I am going to sign off for the day.
I hope your month is fantastic!
(And if you can think of any other one hit wonders…feel free to leave them in the comments…you know you want to….)