Yesterday I was writing all the crazy October holidays down on our family calendar and I realized—I haven’t posted my usual monthly post about random holidays for like 2 months!
That is so unlike me.
Anyway…it’s back and ready to go…so here it is:
The list of random October holidays, by date, and in order.
(And as always, I swear I’m not making any of them up!)
1. World Vegetarian Day, National Lace Day
2. Name Your Car Day, International Day of Non-Violence, World Farm Animals Day
3. International Walk to School Day
4. National Golf Day, National Taco Day
5. Frugal Fun Day, Do Something Nice Day, World Teacher Day, World Card Making Day
6. Mad Hatter Day
7. World Smile Day, World Day of Bullying Prevention
8. American Touch Tag Day, National Face Your Fears Day
9. Curious Events Day, Fire Prevention Day, Moldy Cheese Day, Leif Erickson Day
10. Angel Food Cake Day
11. World Egg Day, Eleanor Roosevelts B-day (1884)
12. International Moment of Frustration Scream Day
13. National Chess Day
14. Columbus Day, National Dessert Day
15. I Love Lucy Day, National Grouch Day, National Cake Decorating Day
16. Bosses Day, Dictionary Day, National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day
17. Wear Something Gaudy Day
18. No Beard Day, National Chocolate Cupcake Day
19. Evaluate Your Life day
21. Count Your Buttons Day, National Cheesecake Day
22. National Nut Day
23. National Mole Day, National Talk Show Host Day
24. United Nations Day, National Bologna Day
25. Frankenstein Friday, World Pasta Day, Punk for a Day Day, Pablo Picasso’s B-day (1881)
26. Make a Difference Day, National Forgiveness Day
27. National Tell a Story Day, Mother in Law Day
28. Statue of Liberty Dedicated (1886), National Chocolates Day
29. National Cat Day
30. National Candy Corn Day
31. Halloween, Carve a Pumpkin Day, National Carmel Apple Day, Girl Scout Founders Day
Me? I’ll be celebrating the tacos, cheese, Lucy, and wearing something gaudy.
How about you?