I am always on the lookout for simple and easy meals. And these green chile chicken enchiladas are always a hit at our house! You can make them spicier (add more green chiles) or leave them mild as the recipe is written. And they also are great the next day for lunch!
The other bonus point about this meal is that they freeze well unbaked so I always make a second dish. It’s like another bonus meal for busy nights. For the chicken, I usually buy a rotisserie chicken that will do two recipes of the enchiladas.
Hope you enjoy these green chile chicken enchiladas! They really are one of our favorite family meals. So simple and easy, but super delicious.
- Basic White Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 T butter
- 2 T All-Purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Enchilada Ingredients:
- White Sauce
- 1 can (28 oz) Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 2-3 cups cooked and diced chicken
- 8 tortillas
- 2-3 cups Fiesta Blend Shredded Cheese
- Pico de Gallo (for topping)
- Sour Cream (for topping)
- Shredded Lettuce (for topping)
- Make your basic white sauce. If you need a recipe click HERE for a simple and easy one.
- After your white sauce is made, stir one can of Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada Sauce into it.
- Add 1/2 cup of sauce to the bottom of a 9 x13 inch pan.
- Make each enchilada by adding about 2 T. chicken and 2 T. cheese to a tortilla, then roll and add it into the pan.
- Continue step 4 until all 8 enchiladas are rolled into the pan.
- Pour over the rest of the enchilada sauce, and top with remainder of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with pico de gallo, sour cream and shredded lettuce.