I wanted to call this series soup-a-palooza….because if you have spend any time around me, you will know that I LOVE a good soup. No, not the watery kinds that have no flavors….but the hearty, warm and spicier ones that just scream fall to me are the absolute best! There is no better meal in my opinion.
So for the next month or so I am going to be sharing the soups that I love to make and eat at home. And starting first is one that I absolutely adore. It’s basically just the best broth in the world with plenty of meat and then veggies to please everyone in my house. And I think it will please those in your house too!
Here’s how you make it:
Potato, Sausage and Kale Soup Recipe
- 1 lb. mild Italian Sausage
- 2 T. olive oil
- 6 potatoes diced
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 T. crushed garlic
- 6 cups chicken stock (homemade or canned is great!)
- 1/2 cup of milk or half and half
- 3 cups of kale
- 1 t. of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 t. of herbs de provence
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese to garnish
- Add the olive oil to a dutch over and cook up Italian sausage and onion until cooked. Add in garlic and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add chicken stock and then add the diced potatoes. Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add herbs and salt and pepper (we usually put in more red pepper flakes because we like it spicier!)
- Add kale and serve in bowls with shredded parmesan cheese on top.
We also love to make some crusty bread to add with this dinner and you are done. It is a fan favorite in our house–even the people that don’t love soup will take a second bowl of this one.