If there is one type of food that we love in our house it is Mexican food. It is one that I can almost always count on for everyone to love! We eat some take on Mexican cuisine at least once a week. And this fresh queso dip is one of our favorite recipes. With such simple and fresh ingredients it is truly a crowd pleaser and is gobbled up by all.
Below is the recipe so you can make it at home too!
Homemade Queso Recipe
- 1 block of Cacique Queso Fresco cheese (comes in the fresh cheese section in a round block)
- 1/2 cup of half and half or milk
- 1 can of chopped green chilis
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- Pico de Gallo, fresh tomatoes or cilantro (for garnish)
- Add milk or half and half to a saucepan and simmer (be sure not to scald milk).
- Slowly add pieces of queso fresco and whisk until all the cheese is completely melted.
- Add can of green chilies and spices.
- Serve warm with chips and enjoy!