Sunday afternoons are usually our family time and one person in the family is in charge of a special dessert. This no-bake peanut butter bar recipe is usually one of the fastest treats if we are running out of time—and are always delicious! We do have one member of our family who doesn’t usually love peanut butter but they do love these. I think the thick chocolate addition on top helps that one 😉
Below is our basic family recipe, but feel free to add to it or substitute other things. Reese pieces crushed up make a super yummy ultra crunchy topping on top of the chocolate layer too 😉 Or sometimes we combine the graham crackers with some crushed pretzels for an extra set of crunch for the bottom layer.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Bar Recipe
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (or 1 cup graham crackers and 1 cup of crushed pretzels)
- 2 sticks melted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Melt butter, then add graham cracker crumbs, p. sugar, 1 c. peanut butter and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Spread into a 9×9 parchment lined pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl add 1 bag chocolate chips and the 1/4 cup of peanut butter and melt in 30 second bursts in the microwave (stir in between, should take about 1-2 minutes).
- Spread chocolate mixture on top of peanut butter bars.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until bars are firm.
- Take out of pan on parchment paper and cut.
- Serve chilled or room temperature. (I like them chilled). Can last in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!
I promise this no-bake Peanut butter bar recipe will not disappoint and the bars are a real crowd pleaser! Make a batch or two for yourself and one to share with all those friends that come around in the summertime.