One of my very favorite summer recipes to make is a fresh Summer Berry Cobbler. Especially with a big scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream. It seriously tastes like summer on a plate. And homemade cobblers or crisps are super easy to make. Here is the recipe I use for fresh Summer Berry Cobbler.
Summer Berry Cobbler
- 5 cups of berries (I use a mixture of raspberries, marionberries and blueberries)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Rolled Oat Topping
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Wash the berries and pat dry. Then combine berries with sugar, flour and cinnamon. Place in a greased 9″ by 9″ glass baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients for crumble topping and then place on top of berries in baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes until sides bubble and crumble topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
And there you go! The perfect summer dessert to impress anyone!