As a family we have been trying some knock recipes lately and this copycat Chic fil a nugget recipe is a keeper. The nuggets are tender and juicy and delicious! We paired it with some actual Chic fil a sauce we had leftover and some waffle fries baked from the freezer section, and dinner was a big hit that night.
If you would like to make some too, here’s the recipe we used (we combined three different knock offs to get this one and I promise it’s the best!) The one thing I will say is that I added
Copycat Chic Fil A Nugget Recipe
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 pound of chicken cut into 1″ pieces (we used fresh tenders)
- 2 tsp. salt (I like kosher salt for cooking)
- 1 cup of AP flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs (I made fresh breadcrumbs at home)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- peanut oil (in a pinch you can use vegetable oil)
- Combine milk and beaten eggs in a casserole dish and add chicken pieces. Put in the fridge for about 15-25 minutes while you are prepping other ingredients.
- Put all-purpose flour, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and sugar and process in a food processor until combined.
- Place flour mixture in a pan for breading the chicken nuggets.
- Heat up about 2-3″ of peanut oil in a large dutch oven to 355-365 degrees. (I have this dutch oven and I love it. Affiliate link)
- When chicken has marinated, take a few small pieces of nuggets and dredge into the flour/breadcrumbs mixture. Do this in small batches and make sure to coat evenly.
- Put a small batch into peanut oil that is frying at 350-365 degrees for about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain on a wire rack with paper towel covered sheet pan below. (I learned this trick with the Mickey Beignets to not make them soggy!)
It’s best to eat these when super hot and they are delicious! Your family will love these, so put them on the menu for this week.