I am sure I am like the rest of you when I started earlier this week to think about how we will eat for the next couple of weeks. So, I meticulously went through my pantry and freezer and made a list of what we could eat for the next two weeks if we don’t have access to a grocery story.
Then, I did online shopping order (for things like laundry soap and dish soap) and other household goods and one large grocery store trip. I don’t know if I am fully prepared but I am prepared as I can be.
My one goal was to only use recipes that I know my kids will eat and that are simple. I figure with everyone being at home–we will need simple but delicious meals.
A few notes:
*I make my own bread. So, when the grocery store was out I honestly didn’t have it on my list anyway. HERE is my homemade bread recipe that yields 4 loaves. Plenty for my family for a week.
*I did get masa to be able to make my own tortillas as well. I found this recipe that I am going to try.
*Things I did buy in my grocery order to supplement what I had on hand–beef roasts (1), pork roast (1), frozen chicken breasts, cheese (mozzerella and mexican blend to freeze), shelf milk, butter to freeze, and 4 dozen eggs.
31 Meals from your Pantry or Freezer
- Belgian Waffles
- Breakfast biscuits (HERE is my favorite biscuit recipe)
- Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
- Oatmeal Pancakes
- French toast (with homemade bread and shelf milk if need be)
- Homemade granola bars
- Breakfast Burritos
- Paninis (with homemade bread and freezer cheese)
- Homemade Pizza Pockets (Pizza dough recipe, add sauce and cheese)
- Homemade Mac N Cheese
- Hummus Flat Bread (Bread recipe, Homemade Hummus Recipe)
- Tomato Soup
- Grilled Croque Monsieurs
- Street Tacos (Beef roast in crock pot, did you know you can freeze cilantro and onions?!), canned salsa
- Chicken Enchiladas (make ahead and freeze)
- Spaghetti and Meatballs (make and freeze meatballs ahead of time)
- Salsa Verde White Chicken Chili
- Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches (Roll Recipe HERE)
- Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie—pie crust, frozen chicken, frozen veggies
- Pizza—handmade dough, sauce, cheese, pepperoni
- Crepes—(frozen broccoli and cheese)
- Frozen Ravioli and Tomato Sauce (can make homemade and freeze)
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup (use frozen carrots and spinach)
- Taco soup (frozen meat, canned corn, beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning)
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Broccoli and Cheese Quiche
- Frozen Potstickers and Rice
- Hamburgers (Frozen Patties and Homemade Buns)
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole (make ahead and freeze)
- Lemon roasted chicken and potatoes (frozen chicken, potatoes)
- Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken (serve with rice)
- Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- High Altitude Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you have any others will you add them to the comments? I would love some more fast and easy ones!